Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Introducing John Parkersmithson, in: "What Happens to a Loan Deferred?"

John Parkersmithson is a character I created on the subway while drawing comics with my friend Julian Graham one day.  Jules and I drew comics throughout high school, usually during chemistry or math, which we called "Little Tales."  He'd draw a panel, then I'd draw a panel, and so on, until the page had about 9 panels on it.  Each panel would usually be its own stand-alone scene, but every now and then there'd be some kind of bizarre, improvised story that held them together.  I know the first John Parkersmithson comic had a storyline that involved him getting fired and coming home to his large-breasted wife, but it was really his name that I liked.  So several years later I reinvented J.P. for this comic, and now, several years since then, I'm giving him a big role in a new show I'm trying to develop.

Also, I have no idea if this is how loans or interest rates work.

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember this guy. But the large-breasted wife sounds familiar...

    ReplyDelete